Security is one of the most overlooked aspects of an online website presence. An SSL certificate will keep you and your customers protected by encrypting the information that send and received from your website.
With an AspireSite SSL certificate, you can rest assured that names, addresses, passwords, credit card numbers and more all encrypted between your visitors and your website. It will keep hackers at bay and your customers at ease.
An SSL certificate serves as an electronic "passport" on the internet by establishing the website's authenticity and credibility and enables the browser and Web server to build a secure, encrypted tunnel between your visitors’ web browser and the server that is hosting your web content.
This electronic "passport" is established by checking the validity of the SSL / digital certificate, which includes:
- The Certificate holder's name (individual or company)
- The Certificate's serial number and expiration date
- A copy of the Certificate holder's "public" cryptographic key
- The digital signature of the Certificate-issuing authority
- Extended SSL Certificates give the site visitor an additional visual cue, displaying the Certificate holder's name against a distinctive green background in the visitor's
When a visitor is on an SSL-encrypted page, most browsers provide visual indicators to show visitors that they are on a secure website.
Examples of these indicators include:
- A "padlock" icon in the browser's status bar
- The https:// prefix in the URL
- The URL address bar turns to green (Extended Validation Certificates only).
- The Trusted "Verified and Secure" site seal
Don’t overpay! AspireSite certificates provide the same encryption levels as our competitors, but for up to 90% less!